3.1 Restrictions on Our use and sharing of certain information
To protect Your more sensitive information, We restrict ways in which We use and share such information. We may share Your Restricted Personal Information and Farm Financial Information only with Our Service Providers, as required by law or, to the extent You authorize Our sharing it with third parties, such as agents, retailers, and distributors solely to facilitate providing the Services to You.
3.2 We and Our service providers use information collected through the Services and by other means for the following business purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling Your requests
- To provide the Services to You, such as arranging access to Your registered account, and providing You with related customer service
- To respond to Your inquiries and fulfill Your requests when You contact Us, for example, when You send Us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when You request a quote for or other information about Our Services
- To facilitate the sale and distribution of Our products and Services (consistent with Your choices).
- To send administrative information to You, such as changes to Our terms, conditions and policies
We will engage in these activities to manage Our contractual relationship with You and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing You with Our marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To communicate with You about Services or offers that may be of interest to You
- To send You information about new products and other news about Our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that You choose to use
- To allow You to interact with others through the Services or other means, for example, through a blog, message board, or messaging or chat functionality
We will engage in this activity with Your consent or where We have a legitimate interest. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials at any time.
We will use this information with Your consent or to manage Our contractual relationship with You.
- Accomplishing Our business purposes
- To create aggregated information which does not contain Personal Information and which may be used for any purpose
- To improve, enhance, or modify the Services or services of Our affiliates, for example, by performing data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products and new product features, developing marketing events, and identifying usage trends, which may include licensing, joint development, or similar arrangements with third parties
- For audits, to verify that Our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft
- For determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns, so that We can adapt Our campaigns to the needs and interests of Our users
- For operating and expanding Our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of Our Services are of most interest to Our users so We can focus Our energies on meeting Our users’ interests
We engage in these activities to manage Our contractual relationship with You, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because We have a legitimate interest.
3.3 In addition to the above, when We collect Your information through means other than the Services, We may also use it to provide You with third party marketing materials.
- To communicate with You about services or offers from third parties that may be of interest to You
- To send You information about new products and other news about third party companies.
We will engage in this activity with Your consent or, if applicable, where We have a legitimate interest. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials at any time.
3.4 We disclose information collected through the Services and by other means for the following business purposes:
- Our parent company and affiliates for the purposes described in these Terms
- Our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to Us
These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- Agents, retailers, or distributors to facilitate the sale and distribution of Khetibuddy Agritech products and services, which may include marketing, consistent with Your choices
- Third parties in connection with licensing, product development, or similar arrangements
- When You elect to disclose Personal Information
- When You choose to share Personal Information through a message board, chat functionality, social media, or other third party interaction in connection with the Services, the information You submit, including Your name, location and email address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information You choose to submit through these features and We strongly discourage You from disclosing any Restricted Personal Information, Farm Financial Information, or other sensitive Personal Information through these features. If You use these features, Personal Information may remain on the Services even after You cease use of the Services.
3.5 In addition to the above, when We collect Your information through other means, We may also disclose it for additional marketing purposes.
- To send You promotional materials through third party vendor support
3.6 We also may use and disclose information collected through the Services or by other means:
- To cooperate with public and government authorities
- To respond to a request or to provide information We believe is important.
- These can include authorities outside Your country of residence.
- To comply with applicable law and regulations
- This can include laws outside Your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement
- For example, when We respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information We believe is important.
- For other legal reasons
- To enforce Our Terms of Service
- To protect Our operations
- To allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that We may sustain
- To protect Our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of Our affiliates, You, or others
- In connection with a sale or business transaction
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring Your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.) Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
3.7 Other Information and aggregated information that does not specifically identify You may be used or disclosed by Us for any purpose.