What if you had a system that handled every aspect of your farming operations? What if that system helps you generate greater revenue at a lower expense?
Farm operations today are increasingly focused on business. Crop production is only one aspect of farming; agribusiness owners need to take care of issues like taxation, fertility, profitability, and conservation, to name a few. Being an excellent producer is no longer sufficient to stay in business. Being a good producer as well as a good farm manager nowadays is essential to become a successful farmer.
Farm Management is a management strategy for organizing and carrying out farming-related decisions such as crop, livestock, aquaculture, agroforestry, and so on, in order to maximize productivity and profitability. It uses the resources at hand for profitable, sustainable, and productive farming by allocating resources, formulating strategies, and planning operations.
But What Does Farm Management Exactly Help With? Let’s Explore Its Objectives
- Factor Efficiency- Identifying the relative efficiency of agricultural input and output is one of the greatest techniques to examine profits over production. This establishes the variable proportion principle, which provides agribusinesses with the most efficient combination for production. One can also grasp different input levels in relation to the effect of change in output and select the most profitable input-output combination.
- Cost And Profit Analysis- Effective farm management methods can give cost and profit per hectare of land, allowing for analysis and better decision-making. The cost per hectare and each quintal must be researched.
- Resource Evaluation- Agribusinesses can evaluate resources by gathering information on land, water, labour, plants, animals, and renewable resources in order to plan their efficient exploitation and get the best outcome. It is necessary to assess how well diverse farm machinery performs in relation to one another.
- Protection Of Diversity- This involves managing the land, reducing pollution, conserving nature, conserving energy, protecting crops, conserving water, and managing animals. It is important to consider whether the farm resources being used are appropriate and how sustainability might be promoted.
- Improved Decision-Making- Good farm management involves a variety of tools, data, and involvement. Agribusinesses can devise strategies to boost farm productivity while maintaining profitability and preparing themselves for risks and unforeseen circumstances. It is vital to put into practice a variety of agricultural approaches that are appropriate for a certain set of products while also leaving an opportunity for individual growth and efficiency.
Farm Management And Technology
Data and connection are at the core of the digital transformation in agriculture, which has been pushed by the growing need to feed the world’s expanding population and handle climatic challenges. New technologies like blockchain, IoT, AI, and machine learning have increased productivity, raised yields, and incorporated resilience and sustainability into the ecosystems of agriculture.
Agriculture has emerged as one of the most significant industries in recent years. In a comparatively little period of history, numerous difficulties involving genetics, selection, and technical and chemical methods of raising animals and plants for sustenance were addressed.
During the latter time of the 20th century and the early 21st century, agricultural innovation really started to pick up thanks to considerable technological advances. These continuing changes are now accelerating and permanently altering how agribusinesses operate and what can be achieved through agriculture technology. Agribusinesses are making more educated decisions that enable them to use resources more sustainably due to real-time accessible data.
Agricultural technology can enable agribusinesses to enjoy the following advantages-
- Enhanced crop output
- Using less water, fertilizers, and pesticides, helps keep food prices down.
- Reduction of the impact on natural ecosystems
- Lower chemical discharge into rivers and groundwater
Additionally, it provides agribusinesses more control over the growing, handling, distributing, and storing of plants and animals.
To make farm management easily accessible, Kheti Buddy has emerged as one of the leading enterprise farm management systems that assist in gathering farm data, setting up customized crop calendars, integrating weather insights, managing a group of farmers, and proactive climate alerts for disease and pest management and assisting organizations in visualizing all farm data in real-time for thorough discernibility, traceability, and compliance.
Kheti Buddy enables agribusinesses to personalize their crop schedule on the basis of soil type & irrigation techniques, customize farm data capture on each activity and customize a dashboard with a graphical depiction of all farm data.
Choose Kheti Buddy to make your farming experience the best one!